1. IPC

Hi,

I've finally written some docs for my IPC (InterProcess Communication)
library and sent it off to Rob for inclusion in the archive.

It uses a combination of shared memory and windows messages to allow
Euphoria programs to call routines and functions in other programs
running on the same machine.

Might be useful for the people trying to emulate threads in eu...

Thomas Parslow (PatRat)
E-Mail/Jabber: tom at almostobsolete.net

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: IPC

{{{ On Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:54:07 +0000, jordah ferguson <jorfergie03 at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Thomas,

This is a beauty you have coded. thanx
jordah... off to vote

I'll second that. I've just coded up single instance handling for the editor. If you have edit[1] running and start another edit[2], eg by clicking on a file in explorer, edit[2] recognises that and passes the command line parameter as a message to edit[1] which opens the file as indicated in the message and then returns the appropriate hwnd so that edit[2] can force edit[1] to foreground. Very nice.

I tried to get round another problem with system_exec() stopping my program dead until the invoked program returned, with the idea that test.exw could send run.exw a message to call system_exec(), then hopefully run.exw would be stopped but test.exw could carry on until run.exw sent it a message indicating the result code. If anyone would like to peruse my efforts and/or make a suggestion, they can find the results of todays efforts at (fourth entry on the page) http://palacebuilders.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/euphoria.html

One other small point I noticed was that it appears that if you change a procedure to a function, you kindof need to reboot the machine to get ipc working properly again. No biggie, really. Of course it could have been an error on my part as I made run.exw an invisible process & if that had got stuck running in the background somehow, that would explain why it kept on insisting on using WM_CALLPROC instead of FUNC.

Pete

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu