1. [RedyCode] Creating New Project With Already Existing Source Files

How do I load up an already-existing project into RedyCode IDE?

Is the RedyCode IDE source available if I want to tinker with it? (Looks like it is.)

I want to see what it would be like managing a wxEuphoria app with it.

Thank you!

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: [RedyCode] Creating New Project With Already Existing Source Files

euphoric said...

How do I load up an already-existing project into RedyCode IDE?

Is the RedyCode IDE source available if I want to tinker with it? (Looks like it is.)

I want to see what it would be like managing a wxEuphoria app with it.

Thank you!

You can create a new project, give it an appropriate name, then right-click on the Source folder in the project tree and click Explore Folder to open it in Windows File Explorer. Then put any files you want into that folder. RedyCode will display them (you may have to right-click and click Refresh). Any .ex, or .exw file in the project tree can be run by right-clicking and then click run. It doesn't have to be a redylib-specific program, any euphoria program can be run in RedyCode (so that would include a wxEuphoria program), and if the program crashes and generates an ex.err file, RedyCode will automatically detect and show it. RedyCode is far from finished, there's definitely a lot of flaws, but it works pretty well as a Euphoria IDE and even a generic text editor for certain scenarios once you get familiar with it. blink Someday, I hope to improve it, whenever I can find the time...

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: [RedyCode] Creating New Project With Already Existing Source Files

euphoric said...

Yep! RedyCode includes a RedyCode project, to show how it is self-hosting. I actually use RedyCode whenever I'm working on RedyCode's source code, and use it to build itself! It's all based on the redylib widget library. Which is horribly flawed, by the way. As the years go by, I learn more about good programming techniques, and realize there are ways I can improve my code, if only I had more time to work on it! It works well enough though. It is useful as it is, but I still want to make a version 2.x one of these days...

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu