1. OpenEuphoria renamed to Euphoria ON EXERCISM

After an entertaining discussion with @ghaberek I asked Exercism to rename openeuphoria to euphoria. This has now been done.

Meanwhile, I'm

1. Slowly writing more exercises
  2. Waiting for other denizens of the OE/Phix speleological society to contribute exercises

-Bruce

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: OpenEuphoria renamed to Euphoria ON EXERCISM

axtens_bruce said...

After an entertaining discussion with @ghaberek I asked Exercism to rename openeuphoria to euphoria. This has now been done.

That's for the best. I appreciate their willingness to do that.

axtens_bruce said...

Meanwhile, I'm

1. Slowly writing more exercises
  2. Waiting for other denizens of the OE/Phix speleological society to contribute exercises

Well... good luck on that second one. I'll try to help when I can but I need to focus on a lot of the back end things. Hopefully others will contribute. Just don't expect to put something out there and have people show up. If you want to see this through, you'll need to shout it from the rooftops regularly to keep their attention. And you'll need to lead by demonstration (which you covered as point 1). I'm sure you've already considered all that but it's worth repeating for prosperity.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: OpenEuphoria renamed to Euphoria ON EXERCISM

ghaberek said...

... don't expect to put something out there and have people show up. If you want to see this through, you'll need to shout it from the rooftops regularly to keep their attention.

So it would appear, thus the "speleological society" jab which was intended to be politely offensive. Clearly, if I want to be offensive I must be impolitely so.

Anyway, I'll keep plodding along. As you know, I recently launched a learning track on Exercism for a FORTH dialect called "8th". I've since heard back from the manufacturer that I've positively influenced their international exposure and bottom line. Ideally, I'd like to do similar things for Euphoria. Having another 100 or so Euphoria developers could make life considerably more entertaining for all of us.

-Bruce.

4. Re: OpenEuphoria renamed to Euphoria ON EXERCISM

axtens_bruce said...

So it would appear, thus the "speleological society" jab which was intended to be politely offensive. Clearly, if I want to be offensive I must be impolitely so.

Anyway, I'll keep plodding along. As you know, I recently launched a learning track on Exercism for a FORTH dialect called "8th". I've since heard back from the manufacturer that I've positively influenced their international exposure and bottom line. Ideally, I'd like to do similar things for Euphoria. Having another 100 or so Euphoria developers could make life considerably more entertaining for all of us.

That's reassuring to hear. Sorry if my comment was too cynical. It's hard to stay positive all the time.

-Greg

5. Re: OpenEuphoria renamed to Euphoria ON EXERCISM

ghaberek said...

Sorry if my comment was too cynical. It's hard to stay positive all the time.

Agreed. But I wasn't fazed by your cynicism. Did I even notice?

I did get some response from petelomax regarding my bob task which was helpful.

-Bruce

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu