1. Tile Engine Wrapper Help

Hello all,

I was using Greg's FFI library to try and wrap Tile Engine. So far the wrapper itself appears to run without error when running it through eui.exe However when I went to make a test example, I got the following error. I feel the error has something to do with dealing with an opaque struct.

ffi.e: 908 attempt to subscript an atom (reading from it) in assignment to 'fn' 

Tile engine.h file 
TLNAPI TLN_Engine TLN_Init (int hres, int vres, int numlayers, int numsprites, int numanimations); 

Wrapper code

include std/machine.e 
include std/math.e 
include std/ffi.e 

public constant TLN_SpriteState = define_c_type({ 
	C_INT, --x --screen pos x 
	C_INT, --y --screen pos y 
	C_INT, --w --actual width of screen after scaling 
	C_INT, --h --actual height of screen after scaling 
	C_UINT, --flags --flags 
	C_POINTER, --assigned palette 
	C_POINTER, --spriteset 
	C_INT, --index 
	C_BOOL, --enabled 
	C_BOOL --collision 
}) 

public constant TLN_Engine = define_c_type({ 
	C_POINTER 
}) 

--The TLN_Engine is an opaque struct 

export constant te = open_dll("Tilengine.dll"), 
		--defgroup setup 
		--Basic setup and management 
		xTLN_Init = define_c_func(te,"+TLN_Init",{C_INT,C_INT,C_INT,C_INT,C_INT},TLN_Engine), 
		xTLN_Deinit = define_c_proc(te,"+TLN_Deinit",{}), 
$ 

Example

include tileengine.e 

procedure main() 

sequence foreground = {} 

TLN_Init(400,240,1,0,0) 

foreground = TLN_LoadTilemap("Sonic_md_fg1.tmx",0) 
	TLN_SetLayerTilemap(0,foreground) 

TLN_CreateWindow("Example",0) 

while TLN_ProcessWindow() do 
		TLN_DrawFrame(0) 
	end while 

TLN_DeleteTilemap(foreground) 
 	TLN_Deinit() 

end procedure 

main() 

Let me know if you need more code or the ex.err file. If anyone can help.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Tile Engine Wrapper Help

Icy_Viking said...

Hello all,

I was using Greg's FFI library to try and wrap Tile Engine. So far the wrapper itself appears to run without error when running it through eui.exe However when I went to make a test example, I got the following error. I feel the error has something to do with dealing with an opaque struct.

Tile engine.h file 
TLNAPI TLN_Engine TLN_Init (int hres, int vres, int numlayers, int numsprites, int numanimations); 

This is happening because the id returned from define_c_func() is -1, indicating the function name was not found. There's no check for this in c_func() so it fails the subscript to the first element of m_funcs which is 0.

I can add some error handling so it crashes better, but the question why did it not find the function? What binaries are you using?

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Tile Engine Wrapper Help

ghaberek said...
Icy_Viking said...

Hello all,

Tile engine.h file 

This is happening because the id returned from define_c_func() is -1, indicating the function name was not found. There's no check for this in c_func() so it fails the subscript to the first element of m_funcs which is 0.

I can add some error handling so it crashes better, but the question why did it not find the function? What binaries are you using?

-Greg

I figured it out. I had the DLL in the wrong place. It needed to be in the bin folder.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu