1. Compiling?

If i like some code i wrote in OE, code that ideally won't be changed again, is it possible (winxp, win7) to put that code into the OE exe of my choice for my own use?

And how do i do that, without learning all the software switches and pitfalls of the internet, the OE host's software, download apps, compilers, and the OS?

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Compiling?

Probably trivial in Phix, just run 'p -c p'
Almost certainly not possible in OE w/o downloading a compiler and everything else.

Also, with a single format (PE|ELF)(32|64) [eg "format ELF64", see Phix/p64.exu for an actual example] you can build Linux executables on Windows, and vice versa.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Compiling?

katsmeow said...

If i like some code i wrote in OE, code that ideally won't be changed again, is it possible (winxp, win7) to put that code into the OE exe of my choice for my own use?

And how do i do that, without learning all the software switches and pitfalls of the internet, the OE host's software, download apps, compilers, and the OS?

Are you looking for the shared-library equivalent of binding? Like include mylibrary.il? This is a featured I'd like to see, and I'd actually like the interpreter to do this on its own like Python does for pyc files.

Or are you looking to pack new code directly into the existing executable for eui.exe? The executables are all compiled from C code, most of which just happens to be translated from Euphoria first, so you'd definitely have to recompile.

-Greg

4. Re: Compiling?

ghaberek said...

Are you looking for the shared-library equivalent of binding? -Greg

In various OE versions, i have used binding and made some dlls. Binding doesn't give me what i seek now, and dlls break tasks.e. I use a preprocessor to edit the original app sourse, and add an include file with the magic in it, i was hoping to hide the magic code in the eui/w.exe, if this process (by any name) was as simple as binding (but not be binding) it as my_eui.exe, and then running app.e on my_eui.exe. In this case, i would gain some speed, and tracing app.e wouldn't drop me into the magic code, and i wouldn't need to worry about all those pesky include files scattered around and being the wrong version.

I didn't know about a way to include a .il file. Praps i need to know more about that. Last i read, years ago, RobC had issues with new uses of .il code. How would this differ from using dlls?

Kat

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu