1. Porting Redy to linux

Forked from Re: Is there a good Windows or cross-platform Euphoria IDE?

xecronix said...

Redy

This is another Windows only solution at the moment. However, after examining the project, it looks like it would not take a lot of work to get it to run on top of GTK. About 20 functions would would need to implemented... I think. However, that is not inline with what ryanj has in mind for his project. Additionally, if the screen shots are up to date, the code editor is not as advanced as some of the other options yet.

That said, I feel like this project is a GREAT start to what could eventually be for OpenEuphoria what Lazarus is for Freepascal. Though again, not really a goal for the project.

I would not be opposed to using GTK to get Redy working on linux. If you or anyone else is willing to help make the necessary GTK wrappers for redy, i would be happy to provide the information you need.

By the way, i plan to set up a git server for redy-project.org so it will be much easier for others to get involved in this project. I need to learn how to use git, though.

Redy could be taken in different directions, and one of them could be to make a cross-platform IDE and graphical frontend for euphoria and all euphoria tools (installing, binding, translating, building, running tests, inspecting IL code, generating docs, etc.)

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Porting Redy to linux

ryanj said...

By the way, i plan to set up a git server for redy-project.org so it will be much easier for others to get involved in this project. I need to learn how to use git, though.

Sure. I'll help get Redy to run on top of GTK. Please let me know when you have your Github set up and I'll get to work.

- xecronix

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu