1. Java? A show of hands please.

I'm trying to determine how many Euphoria developers have Java installed on their development machine. What I really need to know is if you have ANY Java installed. I'm not really concerned about whether or not it's the JDK or JRE. This is related to some tools I'm working on for the Euphoria community.

So... This is a one question Survey Monkey that I hope you don't mind answering. Thanks a bunch for taking the time.

Survey Monkey - Do you have Java?

- xecronix

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Java? A show of hands please.

I use Java off and on. I do have it installed. I also believe there is a program in the archive that turns Java into Euphoria or vice versa, I'm not sure. I'm also looking into Scala, http://www.scala-lang.org/index.html, which can be ran by the Java interpter.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Java? A show of hands please.

Thanks for taking the time to complete this single question survey. The responses have stopped flooding in. I'll leave the survey up for a while longer but at this point I'm reporting it seems that 3 out of 4 Euphoria developers have a Java Virtual Machine on their development machine.

Thanks again. -xecronix

4. Re: Java? A show of hands please.

I closed this survey today. The final results are 80% of Euphoria developers that answered the survey also have Java installed on their development machine. Originally I asked this question because I was considering Swing for a Euphoria tool I started. But, in light of recent conversations around GUI and Euphoria, I think I'll delay that decision for a while longer.

Thanks for your participation.

-xecronix

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu