1. Packaging and Eubins

Forked from Happy Birthday to Euphoria 4.1.0

dcuny said...

How is it that there have been no 4.1.0 releases in the 11 months?

Why am I wasting time on bugs that have already been found and fixed?

I have been out of touch with Euphoria lately but I'm still interested in helping. I put together the 4.1.0 beta release and don't mind taking on that responsibility again. I have access to Linux, Windoze, ARM (pi), and OSX through work so I've got the OSs covered.

Forked from Re: "Fixed" bug

jimcbrown said...

One of the long term tasks is to get a build server set up so binaries will be produced automatically on a daily basis. This way you could just download the latest binary, build from today's source. We used to have this, but currently lack one.

What would it take to implement this again? It this just some automated scripts that build Eu and then upload to eubins?

Thanks,
Ira

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Packaging and Eubins

Jerome said...

dcuny said...

I have been out of touch with Euphoria lately but I'm still interested in helping. I put together the 4.1.0 beta release and don't mind taking on that responsibility again. I have access to Linux, Windoze, ARM (pi), and OSX through work so I've got the OSs covered.

Perfect. Please get 4.1.0 beta 2 out ASAP!

Jerome said...

jimcbrown said...

One of the long term tasks is to get a build server set up so binaries will be produced automatically on a daily basis. This way you could just download the latest binary, build from today's source. We used to have this, but currently lack one.

What would it take to implement this again? It this just some automated scripts that build Eu and then upload to eubins?

Thanks,
Ira

Yes, it was. I still have the scripts. What we lack is a public server.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Packaging and Eubins

jimcbrown said...
Jerome said...

dcuny said...

Jerome said...

jimcbrown said...

Thanks,
Ira

Yes, it was. I still have the scripts. What we lack is a public server.

I have some room on a shared web host, and i plan to get a VPS in the next week or two. I would be willing to provide a place to store files, or run automated builds. Let me know what OS, packages, user accounts, resources, etc. would be needed if you are interested.

4. Re: Packaging and Eubins

Hi,
I thought the server you need was already available?
This is exactly what I was asking for in May/June, see "Nightly Builds" and "Proposed new Euphoria server" of May/June, which culminated in my last post on the issue:

Umm.... slap forehead here ;) The Donations link on this site seems to be the correct way to do this?
Sorry guys + gals.
I have done the donation of $250 via Paypal, reference 2LS03274C9256153D
HTH!
Cheers, Alan

Perhaps ask with the Eu devs if the server already exists...

5. Re: Packaging and Eubins

fizzpopsoft said...

Hi,
I thought the server you need was already available?

No.

fizzpopsoft said...

This is exactly what I was asking for in May/June, see "Nightly Builds" and "Proposed new Euphoria server" of May/June, which culminated in my last post on the issue:

Umm.... slap forehead here ;) The Donations link on this site seems to be the correct way to do this?
Sorry guys + gals.
I have done the donation of $250 via Paypal, reference 2LS03274C9256153D
HTH!
Cheers, Alan

Perhaps ask with the Eu devs if the server already exists...

The funds are there, but no one has gone out and bought one yet. I think there's a good chance we'll accept ryanj's offer once he's set his VPS up, though.

6. Re: Packaging and Eubins

jimcbrown said...

I've got Euphoria successfully building on Windows (32 and 64bit), Linux (32 and 64bit), ARM (armv6 hard float), and OSX (64bit). How can we take advantage of _tom's recent documentation work or is that separate from the manual distributed in the downloads?

Thanks,
Ira

7. Re: Packaging and Eubins

Jerome said...
jimcbrown said...

I've got Euphoria successfully building on Windows (32 and 64bit), Linux (32 and 64bit), ARM (armv6 hard float), and OSX (64bit). How can we take advantage of _tom's recent documentation work or is that separate from the manual distributed in the downloads?

Thanks,
Ira

I'm typing away at the manual right now, but it is a big mess.

The proper answer is that it should automatically build as part of Euphoria itself.

The real answer is that you will have to nag me to produce alpha versions as I continue to edit the docs.

To get ready for automatic building you will need:

_tom

8. Re: Packaging and Eubins

_tom said...

The real answer is that you will have to nag me to produce alpha versions as I continue to edit the docs.

I've got Inno setup going again for Windoze and scripts for automatic building. Do you want hold off on the new documentation for these beta releases?

Thanks,
Ira

9. Re: Packaging and Eubins

The current "alpha 4.1" documentation:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By5FaJ_eTUFQQ290MjQxSHdZZUk/view?usp=sharing

Automatically building the docs will take a bit more time.

_tom

10. Re: Packaging and Eubins

There are two heads on eudoc now. I cant work on euphoria for two weeks. Feel free to fix my bugs. :)

11. Re: Packaging and Eubins

Sourceforge has the new files for revision 57179171dbed which I put under 4.1.0-beta2. Let me know if I missed anything or made a mistake!

Thanks,
Ira

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu