1. openeuphoria@gmail.com

Hi

I'm in the process of setting up the above gmail account for direct contact with the admins.

If you want to contact all the admins, make sure all_admins is in the subject. This will forward these emails to all the admins

If you want to contact a specific admin, then add the admins profile name to the subject

for instance ChrisB you rock!

woulkd forward that email specifically to me.

Admins - I don't have all your email address. Could you please send them to me at crylex at gmail dot com, along woth youe OE profile name (just saves me looking it up). I will return the account password to you, so that you can access it directly, respond to emails from here (rather than your own account), and so on. If there is a list of admin emails, that would be helpful.

This will preserve admins privacy, and as I've said gmail has an excellent set of spam filters.

Chris

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: openeuphoria@gmail.com

Hi

Just bringing this back to the top again.

The openeuphoria@gmail.com account is now set up. I have a few emails of admins, and these have been added to the filter.

The target of the email is in the subject. so if you want to communicate with all_admins off the forum, then put 'all_admins' (no quotation marks required) in the SUBJECT of the email. If you want to communicate with a specific admin, then put the admins forum handle into the SUBJECT.

Spam is very effectively dealt with by gmail, so one or two may get through, but only once or twice.

Once I have all the admins addresses I will pass the password along, so that admins can log in and reply using the gmail account.

Perhaps a note to this effect somewhere sticky might be useful.

Cheers

Chris

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: openeuphoria@gmail.com

Hi, just bringing back to the top again. Are there only 4 admins?

Chris

4. Re: openeuphoria@gmail.com

ChrisB said...

Hi, just bringing back to the top again. Are there only 4 admins?

Chris

That sounds about right. We do have a few more, but not all of them are active. Maybe you can send out another email to the admins list to see where we're at.

BTW, I tried to send out the following email about two hours ago:

me said...

Subject: Re: all_admins

Hi Chris,

Can we get another update on this?

Who do we think is still missing from this list?

Thanks.

But gmail's SMTP servers are giving the site a hard time about it:

gmail said...

(host alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[173.194.68.27] said: 421-4.7.0 [23.254.129.73 10] Our system has detected an unusual rate of 421-4.7.0 unsolicited mail originating from your IP address. To protect our 421-4.7.0 users from spam, mail sent from your IP address has been temporarily 421-4.7.0 rate limited. Please visit 421-4.7.0 http://www.google.com/mail/help/bulk_mail.html to review our Bulk 421 4.7.0 Email Senders Guidelines. f98si713206qge.44 - gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA command))

As I said, I sent it out about two hours ago. I think greylisting is a useful tool, but most of the literature I've read on the subject suggests a rate limit period of about 10 minutes.....

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu