EU4_0_3 
WINDOWS 
WIN32 
GUI 
EUI 
------------------- 
        ^ 

Note that the error occurred at line 29 of file "aaa.exw"

But, when I use Eu4, the error message says the error is on line 1000 of file "bbb.ew"

Only for information: the file "bbb.ew" has only 999 lines and not 1000.

Maybe I did something wrong, or is this a bug. Please let us know.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Eu4 - Bug in ex.err file generation

I can't say for sure without seeing the complete contents of both aaa.exw and bbb.ew but I suspect that the error message for both are both correct.

That is, your code has (at least) two errors.

There was a change in Eu4 so the undeclared identifiers errors is detected later, while in Eu311 they are detected and reported earlier.

So, what I believe is happening, is that bbb.ew really does have a syntax error involving some sort of unclosed syntax structure, and that Eu311 is seeing and reporting the problem with fileName first, but Eu4 is reporting the other issue first.

sergelli said...

I have a file aaa.exw with an include bbb.ew

Inside the file aaa.exw, there is a line: "global variable FileName"

On the next line, I wrote (wrongly) the variable "FileName" above as "fileName"

If I'm using Eu311 the error message is:

C:\001ExecRem\aaa.exw: 29
fileName Has not Been Declared 
fileName = "formFogin" 

However, if use EU4 the error message is:

C:\001ExecRem\bbb.ew: 1000
<0132> :: Syntax error - expected to see Possibly 'end', not the end of file 
<end-of-file> 
^ 
--- Words --- Defined 
EU4 
EU4_0 
EU4_0_3 
WINDOWS 
WIN32 
GUI 
EUI 
------------------- 
        ^ 

Note that the error occurred at line 29 of file "aaa.exw"

But, when I use Eu4, the error message says the error is on line 1000 of file "bbb.ew"

Only for information: the file "bbb.ew" has only 999 lines and not 1000.

Maybe I did something wrong, or is this a bug. Please let us know.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Eu4 - Bug in ex.err file generation

jimcbrown said...

I can't say for sure without seeing the complete contents of both aaa.exw and bbb.ew but I suspect that the error message for both are both correct.

That is, your code has (at least) two errors.

There was a change in Eu4 so the undeclared identifiers errors is detected later, while in Eu311 they are detected and reported earlier.

So, what I believe is happening, is that bbb.ew really does have a syntax error involving some sort of unclosed syntax structure, and that Eu311 is seeing and reporting the problem with fileName first, but Eu4 is reporting the other issue first.

OK. There are errors in both files aaa and bbb. Possibly, EU4 tries to point out errors in a different order than the Eu3 and that would be irrelevant if in fact Eu4 were pointing a mistake.

But EU4 is not pointing to anything. The arquvo "bbb" has 999 lines. The file ex.err points to the line number 1000 and does not reveal What was the mistake

Doing experiments, I reduced the size of two files for a couple of lines (with errors) and the file generated ex.err are exactly the same for Eu3 and EU4, pointing to the exact errors.

But with the original files, the problem remains: The error is not revealed when using EU4

4. Re: Eu4 - Bug in ex.err file generation

sergelli said...

OK. There are errors in both files aaa and bbb. Possibly, EU4 tries to point out errors in a different order than the Eu3 and that would be irrelevant if in fact Eu4 were pointing a mistake.

This is correct, and this is what I believe is happening.

sergelli said...

But EU4 is not pointing to anything. The arquvo "bbb" has 999 lines. The file ex.err points to the line number 1000 and does not reveal What was the mistake

But with the original files, the problem remains: The error is not revealed when using EU4

arquvo = archive? As in from the RDS Archives? If so, which one is it?

The line number for that error can be a bit confusing... Euphoria doesn't really know at which line you meant to add the "end" statement. In this case it picks the last possible place for you to add the statement (not necessarily the correct place, mind you, as that depends on the logic of your code, merely the last place you can add the statement and have the syntax error fixed). The last possible place is to add a new line to the end of bbb.ew (making it 1000 lines) and place the statement in that new line.

sergelli said...

Doing experiments, I reduced the size of two files for a couple of lines (with errors) and the file generated ex.err are exactly the same for Eu3 and EU4, pointing to the exact errors.

I'd have expected the line numbers to change, in that case.... but the error messages otherwise should have been identical.

5. Re: Eu4 - Bug in ex.err file generation

jimcbrown said...

arquvo = archive? As in from the RDS Archives? If so, which one is it?

arquivo = file (Forgetting the "i" google translator does not work)

okay

Right now, I have no information to offer.

But this problem has appeared on other occasions and I can not find where is the error when using EU4.

Later, I'll try to condense the two files to a minimum and then I put it here.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu