Re: Eu4 - Bug in ex.err file generation

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...

I can't say for sure without seeing the complete contents of both aaa.exw and bbb.ew but I suspect that the error message for both are both correct.

That is, your code has (at least) two errors.

There was a change in Eu4 so the undeclared identifiers errors is detected later, while in Eu311 they are detected and reported earlier.

So, what I believe is happening, is that bbb.ew really does have a syntax error involving some sort of unclosed syntax structure, and that Eu311 is seeing and reporting the problem with fileName first, but Eu4 is reporting the other issue first.

OK. There are errors in both files aaa and bbb. Possibly, EU4 tries to point out errors in a different order than the Eu3 and that would be irrelevant if in fact Eu4 were pointing a mistake.

But EU4 is not pointing to anything. The arquvo "bbb" has 999 lines. The file ex.err points to the line number 1000 and does not reveal What was the mistake

Doing experiments, I reduced the size of two files for a couple of lines (with errors) and the file generated ex.err are exactly the same for Eu3 and EU4, pointing to the exact errors.

But with the original files, the problem remains: The error is not revealed when using EU4

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu