1. wxEuphoria v0.14.0

wxEuphoria v0.14.0 has been released, along with new releases of wxIDE and wxEDB. These all require euphoria 4.0.

Take a look at http://wxeuphoria.sf.net for downloads.

Matt

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: wxEuphoria v0.14.0

I just figured I'd add that the wxEuphoria website is now generated by creole, a Euphoria tool.

Jeremy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: wxEuphoria v0.14.0 - Some demos not working

list of errors for wx demos

<0074>:: Errors resolving the following references: dir.exw (6): LINUX

if platform() = LINUX then ^

<0074>:: Errors resolving the following references: download.exw (28): reverse download.exw (31): reverse download.exw (34): reverse

path = reverse( path ) ^

<0074>:: Errors resolving the following references: freecell.exw (1375): set_rand freecell.exw (1377): sprint

set_title( frame, ProgName & " Game #" & sprint(gameNumber) ) ^

<0074>:: Errors resolving the following references: http_demo.exw (27): sleep

sleep(1) ^

<0074>:: Errors resolving the following references: image_convert.exw (81): NULL

if not save_bitmap( bmp, filename, type_, NULL ) then ^

<0052>:: can't find 'objtable.e' in any of ... /home/euphoria/v4include . ./include /home/bin /home/euphoria/v4/

include objtable.e as table ^

<0074>:: Errors resolving the following references: search.exw (156): dir search.exw (163): D_ATTRIBUTES search.exw (175): D_NAME search.exw (179): custom_sort search.exw (261): current_dir search.exw (287): D_NAME search.exw (288): D_ATTRIBUTES

attr = files[i][D_ATTRIBUTES] ^

<0074>:: Errors resolving the following references: xml.exw (14): sprint

prop = create( wxXmlProperty, {"childTimesGrandChild", sprint( i * j )})

4. Re: wxEuphoria v0.14.0 - Some demos not working

raseunew said...

list of errors for wx demos

Thanks...obviously I didn't fully test all of the demos. I added a unit test to the repository that at least tries to parse all of the demos. I've fixed the parsing on all of them, but haven't gone back yet to make sure they still work.

If you'd like to get an update, you can get them directly through svn, or download them here.

Matt

5. Re: wxEuphoria v0.14.0

mattlewis said...

wxEuphoria v0.14.0 has been released, along with new releases of wxIDE and wxEDB. These all require euphoria 4.0.

Matt

"wxEuphoria v0.12.0 uses wxWidgets 2.8". What version of wxWidgets does wxEuphoria v0.14.0 use? The current recommended download at wxEuphoria site is 2.9.1 for new work. Thanks ion advance.

6. Re: wxEuphoria v0.14.0

Vinoba said...
mattlewis said...

Matt

"wxEuphoria v0.12.0 uses wxWidgets 2.8". What version of wxWidgets does wxEuphoria v0.14.0 use? The current recommended download at wxEuphoria site is 2.9.1 for new work. Thanks ion advance.

Sorry...the Windows version is using 2.8.7 (that's the last version I can get to reliably build using Watcom). The linux version was build on Debian 5, also using 2.8.7.1. Linux users may have an easier time simply building and installing the wxEuphoria library from source, depending on what they have installed.

I've updated the downloads page, too.

Matt

7. Re: wxEuphoria v0.14.0

Thanks for the quick response.

8. Re: wxEuphoria v0.14.0

How would I be able to use WxEuphoria on Mac OS? There were binaries for Windows and Linux. I downloaded the source and read the readme.txt file and there weren't any directions for building on Mac OS. Thanks.

9. Re: wxEuphoria v0.14.0

tiger0581 said...

How would I be able to use WxEuphoria on Mac OS? There were binaries for Windows and Linux. I downloaded the source and read the readme.txt file and there weren't any directions for building on Mac OS. Thanks.

I've never used OSX, so I'm afraid I can't say too much. One person did a little work at getting wxEuphoria working there, and I definitely think that it's possible. I'd be very interested in getting help for making wxEuphoria run on a Mac. smile

The main issue he had was that certain features weren't built into his installed version of wxWidgets. This is something that wxEuphoria doesn't currently deal with very well, but should be fairly easy to get going. Basically, whoever built wxWidgets can set various options about controls to use. These may be based on availability of certain features in the OS, or whatever.

The configuration is stored in a header file (on my system, /usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.8/setup.h), in the form of #define directives that look something like:

/* 
 * Define to 1 for Unix[-like] system 
 */ 
#define wxUSE_UNIX 1 

#define wxUSE_MEDIACTRL     0 

#define wxUSE_POPUPWIN 1 

The wxEuphoria source assumes that most of these things are defined to 1 (as the would be on a typical configure   make style build). So certain places in the wxEuphoria code need guards for this sort of thing. You'll find one in the wxMedia.cpp source file:

#if wxUSE_MEDIACTRL 
 ...wxEuphoria cpp wxMediaCtrl wrappers... 
#endif 

Hopefully, that makes sense. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I welcome patches and any other help anyone is able / interested in making. I'd just also add that it's fairly easy to wrap additional bits of the wxWidgets API with just a little bit of C++ knowledge. blink

Matt

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu