1. windows ce 6.x

Do we have a version which runs on this?

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: windows ce 6.x

gwalters said...

Do we have a version which runs on this?

No. But it'd be nice.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: windows ce 6.x

If there is a C compiler for it (preferably gcc or watcom c) you could compile it from translated sources. Translate on a intel x86 computer then copy the tree including the c files that were generated to the ce device. On the ce device rerun configure on the ce device and then make.

To translate you will need a recent EUPHORIA binary for Windows. Not beta 2. Beta 2 is out of date as far as todays sources go. Soon a new beta or release candidate will come out. I recommend you get that one.

On the computer install the EUPHORIA and then cd to the source directory and execute the following commands:

configure wmake source

Then copy the tree with c files and execute the following commands:

configure wmake all

Please let us know even if it works very well. If you don't have gcc, nor watcom I am sure someone here could generate a Makefile for the compiler we have. It is supposed to be both ANSI compliant and portable. However, to ce portability is completely untested by us developers and I will be surprised if nothing goes wrong.

Shawn

4. Re: windows ce 6.x

SDPringle said...

Please let us know even if it works very well. If you don't have gcc, nor watcom I am sure someone here could generate a Makefile for the compiler we have. It is supposed to be both ANSI compliant and portable. However, to ce portability is completely untested by us developers and I will be surprised if nothing goes wrong.

Shawn

I think there is the small issue that CE does not run on x86 cpus either...

5. Re: windows ce 6.x

Geez, this is way over my head. I'm not a "C" guy. I only run EU interpretive, or bound, so I don't know how to do this. I need to write some programs for warehouse management using Symbol scanners. I can use NS Basic (www.nsbasic.com) but I don't like it very much.

6. Re: windows ce 6.x

Boy it sure would be nice. There is a wxWigets for CE

http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/Developers_Notebook-WxWinCECompiling

Somebody more talented that me should do it.

7. Re: windows ce 6.x

SDPringle said...

If there is a C compiler for it (preferably gcc or watcom c) you could compile it from translated sources. Translate on a intel x86 computer then copy the tree including the c files that were generated to the ce device. On the ce device rerun configure on the ce device and then make.

After a little bit of googling, it appears that the 'standard' tool is eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0. I suspect that it's very similar to MSVC, which I believe we've been able to make work, so it might not be too bad to get working.

Matt

8. Re: windows ce 6.x

in theory, if it compiles to the emulator,
then it should work when targeted to the actual device

are the CE devices still ARM based ?
i used to have one some years back

WIndows CE 5.0 (x86 based) Device Emulator:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a120e012-ca31-4be9-a3bf-b9bf4f64ce72&DisplayLang=en

9. Re: windows ce 6.x

I'd do it for a ce device.

10. Re: windows ce 6.x

SDPringle said...

I'd do it for a ce device.

The Emulator is suppose to be a perfect emulation of the CE device.

Not really the case, there are pitfalls you have to watch out for (accidently sticking in x86 code and having it work on the emulator and not on a real CE device is a common pitfall from what I understand...) but it is at least a good place to start.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu