1. 4.0 beta 2 is released!

4.0 beta 2 is released! See the News Article for more information.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: 4.0 beta 2 is released!

downloading beta now

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: 4.0 beta 2 is released!

Downloading it as well.

4. Re: 4.0 beta 2 is released!

Since there are no binaries for Mac OS 10, how do I compile the source? The readme.txt in the source directory talksd about a buildu script, but I don't think it is there.

5. Re: 4.0 beta 2 is released!

tiger0581 said...

Since there are no binaries for Mac OS 10, how do I compile the source? The readme.txt in the source directory talksd about a buildu script, but I don't think it is there.

The problem is that you need to use another OS that has binaries to bootstrap you enough for you to be able to bootstrap yourself.

Jeremy had a working OS X set up, when he gets back I'm sure he'll be able to give you the required OS X binaries.

6. Re: 4.0 beta 2 is released!

tiger0581 said...

I'll build a binary this evening and put it up for OS X.

Jeremy

7. Re: 4.0 beta 2 is released!

Please see the News Article '4.0b2 is released' for more information about the 4.0b2 release, including descriptions of the new binary releases and all the changes between 4.0b1 and 4.0b2.

Jeremy

8. Re: 4.0 beta 2 is released!

jeremy said...

Please see the News Article '4.0b2 is released' for more information about the 4.0b2 release, including descriptions of the new binary releases and all the changes between 4.0b1 and 4.0b2.

Jeremy

That's pretty cool about bundling OpenWatcom with it... (As an option, I mean.)

9. Re: 4.0 beta 2 is released!

jeremy said...

4.0 beta 2 is released! See the News Article for more information.

At least one of the links is bad on the download tab:

The "/Rapid Euphoria/4.0b2/euphoria-4.0b2-ow.exe" file could not be found or is not available. Please select another file. 

I think that it's because the link should be to "/Rapid Euphoria/4.0b2/euphoria-40b2-ow.exe". Note the lack of a period in the filename between 4 and 0.

The link for the beta without OpenWatcom included has the same problem. The Linux and Source links seem to be okay.

10. Re: 4.0 beta 2 is released!

jaygade said...

I think that it's because the link should be to "/Rapid Euphoria/4.0b2/euphoria-40b2-ow.exe". Note the lack of a period in the filename between 4 and 0.

The link for the beta without OpenWatcom included has the same problem. The Linux and Source links seem to be okay.

Thanks. I fixed the download link this time, but next time the installers will use the 4.0 convention as established by the other downloads.

Jeremy

11. Re: 4.0 beta 2 is released!

jeremy said...
tiger0581 said...

I'll build a binary this evening and put it up for OS X.

Jeremy

Thanks. I appreciate it.

12. Re: 4.0 beta 2 is released!

Am I missing something? I can't find the Mac OS 10 binaries on the download page.

13. Re: 4.0 beta 2 is released!

tiger0581 said...

Am I missing something? I can't find the Mac OS 10 binaries on the download page.

Tiger,

I'm sorry. I got all tied up last night and had zero computer time when I thought I would have the entire evening. I am starting the build process now for OS X.

Jeremy

14. Re: 4.0 beta 2 is released!

tiger0581 said...

OS X binaries are up.

Jeremy

15. Re: 4.0 beta 2 is released!

Wow .. Congratulations and thanks to the whole team who put this together.

Will be downloading this soon. :)

Jansek

16. Re: 4.0 beta 2 is released!

Thanks very much to the development team and the others involved. All the frustrations, criticisms, self imposed pressure etc to be endured for NO PAY, only appreciation. AFAIK these people also have real jobs and familly too. Well done! Obviously, you like euphoria ;)

I've been reading the latest docs, release notes especially. IMHO this is crucial, because if we don't know about the new features, we won't have a reason to upgrade. Docs are typically updated last, cos coding is more fun; so thanks especially for the docs.

Cheers Alan

17. Re: 4.0 beta 2 is released!

alanjohnoxley said...

I've been reading the latest docs, release notes especially. IMHO this is crucial, because if we don't know about the new features, we won't have a reason to upgrade. Docs are typically updated last, cos coding is more fun; so thanks especially for the docs.

With 4.0, we moved to using inline docs, so when we create the function, we create the docs as well. We frown when a new function is submitted unless it has 1. a working routine, 2. docs, 3. unit tests. All three are equally important. Anyway, that being said, the docs still have a lot more work to be done on them, especially in the area of the release notes. I'm afraid it has fallen behind. You'll find items that have been added that are not yet in the release notes. In fact, I think a substantial amount getlost

Jeremy

18. Re: 4.0 beta 2 is released!

Ahemm... like the pre-processor? Great feature BTW :)

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu