1. Using uncrappy icons in generated EXE?

Looks like i figured out how to package stuff into the EU generated EXE, meaning i may well have this thing done ahead of schedule after all.
One last hurdle: What is with the 2kb limit on a custom icon? No offense, but the blockey rainbow thing looks like crap. Is there no way to change it to anything decent thats larger than 16x16?

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Using uncrappy icons in generated EXE?

DD said...

Looks like i figured out how to package stuff into the EU generated EXE, meaning i may well have this thing done ahead of schedule after all.
One last hurdle: What is with the 2kb limit on a custom icon? No offense, but the blockey rainbow thing looks like crap. Is there no way to change it to anything decent thats larger than 16x16?

If you're converting your application in C just link resource file with other object files.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Using uncrappy icons in generated EXE?

I assume the 2 KB limit is imposed because the Interpreter is directly overwriting that area of its own executable, and therefore cannot move the contents around. As already suggested, if you use the Translator, you can embed any number of icon resources in your executable.

Personally, I like the Eu icon, but I find distributing applications with it to be rather un-professional.

-Greg

4. Re: Using uncrappy icons in generated EXE?

ghaberek said...

Personally, I like the Eu icon, but I find distributing applications with it to be rather un-professional.

Hmmm...icon contest for v4.0?

Matt

5. Re: Using uncrappy icons in generated EXE?

mattlewis said...

Unfortunately, languages like Python and Ruby are named after tangible objects, which makes designing an icon as easy as drawing such object in an artistic fashion. How does one visually represent a state or emotion? getlost

-Greg

6. Re: Using uncrappy icons in generated EXE?

ghaberek said...
mattlewis said...

Unfortunately, languages like Python and Ruby are named after tangible objects, which makes designing an icon as easy as drawing such object in an artistic fashion. How does one visually represent a state or emotion? getlost

-Greg

Hmmm... naming contest for v4.0? grin

7. Re: Using uncrappy icons in generated EXE?

ghaberek said...
mattlewis said...

Hey, I'm not capable of drawing pretty much any object in an artistic fashion, unless it's in the Jackson Pollock sort of artistic fashion.

Matt

8. Re: Using uncrappy icons in generated EXE?

mattlewis said...

Hey, I'm not capable of drawing pretty much any object in an artistic fashion, unless it's in the Jackson Pollock sort of artistic fashion.

Though I suppose his works give a better representation of emotion and feeling than paintings meant to represent tangible things.

-Greg

9. Re: Using uncrappy icons in generated EXE?

mattlewis said...

Matt

I second that idea! smile

10. Re: Using uncrappy icons in generated EXE?

ghaberek said...
mattlewis said...

-Greg

hmmm... with an emoticon?

Jacques

11. Re: Using uncrappy icons in generated EXE?

CoJaBo2 said...
mattlewis said...

Matt

I second that idea! smile

I've said from day one when becoming a develop, Euphoria needs a serious graphic artists overhaul. The icon, the logo, openeuphoria.org and rapideuphoria.com.

I am 100% for anything to bring this about, even if it starts with an icon. I, however, am as far from a graphics person as one can be.

Jeremy

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu