1. Error Number 500

I have been getting error 500 on the site. Was someone modifying the scripts earlier this day or is this a glitch that is not understood?

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Error Number 500

Shawn Pringle said...

I have been getting error 500 on the site. Was someone modifying the scripts earlier this day or is this a glitch that is not understood?

There is a bug with parsing eucode when there is no ending eucode. Derek has made a patch that I have not yet applied. That will take care of the 500 errors that I have seen. A 500 error simply means, the web server asked EuForum for information and EuForum crashed while trying to give it to the web server. Obviously this should never happen, but... When you find a URL that causes that, if you let me know the link, that can help me figure things out. Sorry about that.

Jeremy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Error Number 500

Jeremy, its not only related to <eucode>. You should check the server logs for more information as well ex.err.

Shawn Pringle

4. Re: Error Number 500

Shawn Pringle said...

Jeremy, its not only related to <eucode>. You should check the server logs for more information as well ex.err.

Shawn, can you please give me a URL so I can see?

Jeremy

5. Re: Error Number 500

The Error 500 number comes up every time I say you are wrong Jeremy. Maybe this is not actually a bug but a feature?

Shawn

6. Re: Error Number 500

Shawn Pringle B.Sc. said...

The Error 500 number comes up every time I say you are wrong Jeremy. Maybe this is not actually a bug but a feature?

Hm. I doubt that has anything to do with it. Can you please give me a URL or some sort of instructions to duplicate?

Jeremy

7. Re: Error Number 500

Shawn, I updated to latest creole and that has fixed the non-ending eucode bug. This URL use to fail:

http://openeuphoria.org/EUforum/index.cgi?module=forum&action=thread&id=100588#100588

But now it works. Further, I fixed a bug that would cause a 500 when you forgot to enter a name, subject, body or entered the turing question incorrectly.

After those two bug fixes, I cannot seem to make a 500 error occur. If you have a specific URL, please let me know what it is, I can then figure out what the problem is.

You should check the server logs for more information as well ex.err.

A translated application does not write a ex.err file. The server logs on openeuphoria.org are not the easiest to get to, I can do it, but I do not have time right now. Reporting a URL would be very helpful.

Jeremy

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu