1. New Smileys

Derek found some other smileys... what you you think of these ones?

• }: -) = }smile
  • : -) = smile
  • : -D = grin
  • : -O = shocked
  • : -P = tongue
  • : -( = sad
  • ; -) = blink

No spaces of course!

Jeremy Cowgar

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: New Smileys

Here is a test of the smileys in text. This is going to say nothing of value but it will have enough typed into it to word wrap a few times so we can see what a paragraph looks like with a smile right in the middle of it. I hope that was enough. Is this making sense to you? I wonder if you are still reading. I'll bet if you are still reading that you will read to the end even though this is saying nothing at all of value. You just can't quit, can you? You have to read until the end!? See, I'm a great writer, look how captivating my text is! I should cease programming and write a book, but what would I write about? Maybe Programming grin

Ok... Did you read it all? I knew you would! So, how does it look mixed in a paragraph? That's the main reason we need the icons to be small sad

Jeremy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: New Smileys

Jeremy Cowgar said...

I should cease programming and write a book, but what would I write about? Maybe Programming grin

That would be Euphoria for Dummies of course. }smile

4. Re: New Smileys

Derek Parnell said...
Jeremy Cowgar said...

I should cease programming and write a book, but what would I write about? Maybe Programming grin

That would be Euphoria for Dummies of course. }smile

Maybe you could read it and learn something? grin

Jeremy

5. Re: New Smileys

The smileys are beautiful on my PDA. grin

6. Re: New Smileys

Unkmar said...

The smileys are beautiful on my PDA. grin

They are beeee-yoo-te-full on my Firefox 2.0/XP-Pro, also.

-D grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

But there is a conflict with the indent command. I can deal.

.grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Mike777

7. Re: New Smileys

Mike777 said...

But there is a conflict with the indent command.

If one really must have a smiley as the first thing on a line, prefix it with the tilde character (~). For example ...
grin
smile
tongue
sad
blink

But that is only needed if the smiley begins with a colon (:) or semi-colon (;). The 'evil-grin' icon doesn't need it.
}smile

8. Re: New Smileys

Jeremy Cowgar said...

Here is a test of the smileys in text. This is going to say nothing of value but it will have enough typed into it to word wrap a few times so we can see what a paragraph looks like with a smile right in the middle of it. I hope that was enough. Is this making sense to you? I wonder if you are still reading. I'll bet if you are still reading that you will read to the end even though this is saying nothing at all of value. You just can't quit, can you? You have to read until the end!? See, I'm a great writer, look how captivating my text is! I should cease programming and write a book, but what would I write about? Maybe Programming grin

Ok... Did you read it all? I knew you would! So, how does it look mixed in a paragraph? That's the main reason we need the icons to be small sad

Jeremy

I prefer these newer ones, they stand out much better. They are a tad small, but they can hardly be more than 30% bigger than what they are.

CChris

9. Re: New Smileys

Jeremy Cowgar said...

Derek found some other smileys... what you you think of these ones?

• }: -) = }smile
  • : -D = grin
  • : -O = shocked
  • : -P = tongue
  • : -( = sad
  • ; -) = blink

No spaces of course!

Jeremy Cowgar

I can see them! Thank you Derek! I googled/looked too, but couldn't find any that I liked very much.

But this one, tongue , looks more like being sick, instead of the gently poking fun that I think its supposed to mean?? And it's just the eyes, I think, that makes it look that way. If there's one just like it with the eyes slanted UP rather than down, that might get the proper point across better? Not a biggie, but I think it is pretty often used here, no? tongue grin

And I have to wonder if the "basic" smiling smiley shouldn't be grin instead of smile, as that last one just looks somewhat bemused, or embarrassed, like just cut a frat?

And for quicker emoting, could :) be equivalent to grin also ?

Dan smile smile smile

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu