1. Links broken

Hi, just discovered Euphoria, and have downloaded and installed it OK. I wanted to try out the extended IDE but it needs Win32Lib but the link to this appears to be broken. Also, the search forum facility is broken "/cgi-bin/esearch.exu was not found on this server". Any suggestions anyone?

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Links broken

temper said...

Hi, just discovered Euphoria, and have downloaded and installed it OK. I wanted to try out the extended IDE but it needs Win32Lib but the link to this appears to be broken. Also, the search forum facility is broken "/cgi-bin/esearch.exu was not found on this server". Any suggestions anyone?

Temper, unfortunantly you found us at a bad time smile The main Euphoria website has suffered from a cracker who found a vulnerability in the esearch.exu program. The program was taken off line until a security audit could be performed. It should be back online with-in the next day or so. The vulnerability was not with the Euphoria language itself, but a use of calling system commands. Much of the archive remains offline still.

I am sure someone here has a pointer to where it can be downloaded?

Sorry about the timing temper. Rest be assured, we are taking care of it. Oh, also, you may be interested in knowing that we are getting very close to releasing 4.0 alpha with many new features.

Jeremy Cowgar

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Links broken

temper said...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32libex/ is the host site for the Win32Lib. It has the latest version.

How did you find out about Euphoria? Euphoria spent most of it's life as a commercial language but recently has been released as open source, now there are many programmers working on the language. Once 4.0 hits we are going to make a big push to raise the awareness of Euphoria and are always curious how people find us, so our efforts can be better spent!

Thanks, and let us know if you have any questions at all! You can also visit the IRC channel: irc://freenode.net/#euphoria

Jeremy Cowgar

4. Re: Links broken

Jeremy Cowgar said...

Thanks, and let us know if you have any questions at all! You can also visit the IRC channel: irc://freenode.net/#euphoria

Er, I guess you need the irc. part getlost ... irc://irc.freenode.net/#euphoria

Jeremy

5. Re: Links broken

temper said...

Jeremy Cowgar said...

<snip/>

You can find win32lib either:

CChris

6. Re: Links broken

CChris said...
temper said...

Jeremy Cowgar said...

<snip/>

You can find win32lib either:

CChris

OK, I've updated the Win32Lib entry (June 17) with the SourceForge link. The Win32Lib .zip file on RapidEuphoria.com was missing.

Anyone who submitted a file to Recent User Contributions in June should resubmit it. Some entries appear to be not broken, but it could be that they are out of date.

I'll look at esearch.exu soon, but it might be replaced eventually by something else to support this fabulous new EUforum. smile

Rob

7. Re: Links broken

I've tried for two days to change ColoredButtonsForWin32lib entry in the archive but the date on it is still Feb. If we are not ready for this type of activity yet, please let me know and I will stop trying to update.

8. Re: Links broken

judith evans said...

I've tried for two days to change ColoredButtonsForWin32lib entry in the archive but the date on it is still Feb. If we are not ready for this type of activity yet, please let me know and I will stop trying to update.

Igor also had a problem with usercont.exu I guess it's not completely working yet. Sorry about that. Hold off on further attempts.

Junko and I will do some more detailed testing today. It's probably some very minor glitch, such as setting the wrong permissions on a file, or something. We'll let you know when we think it is really working. A couple of simple tests worked for us, but I guess we'll have to do a proper test where we fake that we are you or Igor, and we upload a file.

Rob

9. Re: Links broken

Rob Craig said...
judith evans said...

Igor also had a problem with usercont.exu I guess it's not completely working yet. Sorry about that. Hold off on further attempts.

Junko and I will do some more detailed testing today. It's probably some very minor glitch, such as setting the wrong permissions on a file, or something. We'll let you know when we think it is really working. A couple of simple tests worked for us, but I guess we'll have to do a proper test where we fake that we are you or Igor, and we upload a file.

Rob

OK, Junko and I fixed a bug, and now everything seems to be working with usercont.exu

It was just failing to send us the notification email for the user contributions, but we found a copy of all those emails for the past few days on the server, so there is no need to resubmit your contributions. Just take a look at the recent user contributions to make sure we have done things correctly.

Rob & Junko

10. Re: Links broken

ColoredButtons looks OK now.

Thank you

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu