1. Which Forum to use?

It appears that for the last day or so I have been able to access the old EuForum via my rss feed bookmark. Yet everyone continues to use this lean, clean, & mean forum which you conjured up from a pile of Euphoria commands.

This new forum is really quite appealing. Did you use Euphoria 4.0. Surely this couldn't have been done so quickly without a goto, eh? blink

Is this going to be the official forum?

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Which Forum to use?

Kenneth Rhodes said...

It appears that for the last day or so I have been able to access the old EuForum via my rss feed bookmark. Yet everyone continues to use this lean, clean, & mean forum which you conjured up from a pile of Euphoria commands.

This new forum is really quite appealing. Did you use Euphoria 4.0. Surely this couldn't have been done so quickly without a goto, eh? blink

Ken, the old EUforum has been restored up to Jun 22, however, it's posting/searching scripts are still offline pending a code audit by Rob, who is currently ill. Thus, although you can read EUforum, you cannot post new messages to it.

As to this forum. It's a long story, but basically I found a quick forum script (written in Perl), put it online so we could communicate. Within 30 minutes we began to get spammed by spam bots. It took me a while to find a suitable script, get it configured, perl modules installed and working. Then we began to get spammed. I figured w/as much time as that took, I should have just spent the time and made a little Euphoria forum. So, I did not waste any more time. I wrote this.

Others have asked in the past about a forum script written in Euphoria, so the time was not really wasted in the development. Before it can be of serious use, better searching needs to be implemented and user accounts. I would also say that styling needs to be updated. RSS would be nice. All of those are actually minor changes. I personally like the threaded view and the formatting that can be done w/this forum, but the decision is not mine as to changing the forum system. The old messages could easily be imported into this forum. This forum is going to be open sourced, so one benefit would be everyone could contribute to its enhancement, but again, decision is not mine.

Jeremy Cowgar

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Which Forum to use?

fwiw, the new forum is MUCH easier to read on a PDA and iPhone.

I am looking forward to seeing the source code.

4. Re: Which Forum to use?

Kenneth Rhodes said...

Omg, here we go again! :P

Kenneth / ZNorQ

5. Re: Which Forum to use?

Kenneth Rhodes said...

Jeremy,

If this is going to be the new forum, I have one small request;

Could you use another background color for quoted texts?

Kenneth / ZNorQ

6. Re: Which Forum to use?

I really like this - clean and easy to read, plus the threading really helps.

7. Re: Which Forum to use?

Irv said...

I really like this - clean and easy to read, plus the threading really helps.

There was threads in the old forum as well, but I do agree with you - this one is in my opinion better.

Just some minor tweaks, and it will be golden in my eyes.. :)

Kenneth / ZNorQ

8. Re: Which Forum to use?

ZNorQ said...

There was threads in the old forum as well, but I do agree with you - this one is in my opinion better.

Just some minor tweaks, and it will be golden in my eyes.. :)

Yes, I seldom used the treading in the other forum, it didn't seem to help, but this one is for some reason different. Maybe it's just the simplicity.

9. Re: Which Forum to use?

ZNorQ said...
Kenneth Rhodes said...

Jeremy,

Ok, done. It will get slightly darker up to 4 nested quotes, the inner most one being the darkest.

Jeremy

10. Re: Which Forum to use?

Jeremy Cowgar said...
ZNorQ said...
Kenneth Rhodes said...

Jeremy,

Ok, done. It will get slightly darker up to 4 nested quotes, the inner most one being the darkest.

Jeremy

Great stuff Jeremy, better than expected! I vote in this for our new forum.

Kenneth / ZNorQ

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu