Re: Which Forum to use?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Kenneth Rhodes said...

It appears that for the last day or so I have been able to access the old EuForum via my rss feed bookmark. Yet everyone continues to use this lean, clean, & mean forum which you conjured up from a pile of Euphoria commands.

This new forum is really quite appealing. Did you use Euphoria 4.0. Surely this couldn't have been done so quickly without a goto, eh? blink

Is this going to be the official forum?

Ken, the old EUforum has been restored up to Jun 22, however, it's posting/searching scripts are still offline pending a code audit by Rob, who is currently ill. Thus, although you can read EUforum, you cannot post new messages to it.

As to this forum. It's a long story, but basically I found a quick forum script (written in Perl), put it online so we could communicate. Within 30 minutes we began to get spammed by spam bots. It took me a while to find a suitable script, get it configured, perl modules installed and working. Then we began to get spammed. I figured w/as much time as that took, I should have just spent the time and made a little Euphoria forum. So, I did not waste any more time. I wrote this.

Others have asked in the past about a forum script written in Euphoria, so the time was not really wasted in the development. Before it can be of serious use, better searching needs to be implemented and user accounts. I would also say that styling needs to be updated. RSS would be nice. All of those are actually minor changes. I personally like the threaded view and the formatting that can be done w/this forum, but the decision is not mine as to changing the forum system. The old messages could easily be imported into this forum. This forum is going to be open sourced, so one benefit would be everyone could contribute to its enhancement, but again, decision is not mine.

Jeremy Cowgar

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu