Re: Listview Item identifiers - Ping Rob

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

{{{ On Wed, 2 Oct 2002 00:22:57 +0000, totorangi at hotmail.com wrote:

Also, is it possible to view a whole thread on this list ? Search
returns useful stuff but I can't find any way of seeing the threads.
Rob, surely a man of your talents (grovel, grovel) could add a field to the standard search page of "drop the first [ 0]v matches" with a dropdown against the [ 0] of 50, 100, 150,... entries.

I doubt I'm alone in feeling after reading 50 entries maybe the 51st (which contains the searched-for word just once whereas the top 50 all had it two or more times) just happens to have that nugget I need.

Another handy nic-nack would be a button to open a new search in a new page with, if possible, the same search string as the default, for when I've searched eg July & then want to check June or August (or more likely 2002 turns up nowt, so anything in 2001?, or I wanna keep reading these results(*) but what is that WM_GETLVINFO flag about?) It may be better if that page was considerably sparser than listserv.htm Maybe/probably/almost certainly this is an advanced search page. (*) right click open link in new window in that case.

On the topic of threads, it would definitely be nice to find a message along the lines of "Try this code starts....." & then view the thread to find a response of "thanks, that works a treat" or "crashes with/does not do/PS that needs winlib v xxx or later" posted in response shortly after.

Lastly, as a suggestion both for relevancy and if you have any server load problems your side, defaulting to search from 1996 may not be the best as things have moved on alot since then, I hope. Actually, I half take that back as I remember being impressed first time I saw just how fast it searched, but I'll still claim it is not the best default for an advanced search page.

Pete

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu