Re: MEditor alpha

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

{{{ On 30 Oct 2002 16:38:21 GMT, Christian.CUVIER at agriculture.gouv.fr wrote:

======== The Euphoria Mailing List ========

A really fine job. I may even think about it to replace ConText, even
though it has less features...
BUT
1/ Where does it look for Euphoria manual? Mine is just where it is
expected, in \DOC et \HTML. But MEditor says it is not present. EUDIR. The code used is just: void = open(getenv("EUDIR")&"
HTML
Refman.htm", "r") if void ! -1 then see if Euphoria manual present close(void) shellExecute("open",getenv("EUDIR")&"
HTML
Refman.htm", SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED) else void = message_box("Euphoria Manual not present in Euphoria directory", "Euphoria Manual NOT PRESENT", 0 ) end if >At least, it should let you browse for it, or specify it in editor.ini

I will consider that for a future version, meanwhile it should work if EUDIR is set correctly.

2/ Duplicating the alternate coloring of delimiters, especially braces,
is about the only feature I like in ed.ex. Would be useful, IMO.

I hear ya. It isn't quite clean cut as I like my {} to be a different colour to my (), at least in as many cases as possible. I am also running out of useable colours (see below)

3/ In the Colors section, why not let the user access the standard
Choose colors box from Windows, if it is detected to be available?

Do you actually like that? Or am I misunderstanding:

code starts include win32lib.ew constant MAIN=create(Window,"stuff",0,0,0,0,0,0) integer colour colour = getColorDialog(MAIN,#FF0000) code ends

I would not like to see that pop up & disappear to select each colour. I also find it very difficult to specify a custom colour, especially the way the Luminescence(sp?) slider does not affect the colour selector & digits for Hue and Saturation confuse me (just what is Hue anyway, the red with zero hue on the left looks just like the red with 255 hue on the right to me...)

I agree though some change would be required if I wanted another 24 different colours for brace matching of (), {}, and [] nested to say 8 levels...

(Don't know uf there's an equivalent in *nix)

Frankly, it is more of a rewrite than a port to get this working on Linux. Although a good 95% might be salvageable, I would strongly recommend getting a basic Linux editor running, then copy over each bit & test it, or better yet factor out the platform independent/ Linux/ Windows code to separate source files.

Tnx for the ggoood job!
Thanks for the feedback, it is appreciated, even though my response might have sounded a little negative. Sorry I could be no more help.

Pete

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu