inpout32

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Forked from Re: Mind blowingly impressive.

katsmeow said...
jimcbrown said...
katsmeow said...

I am not seeing the Ultimate64 as being a step forward to getting the lawn mower to take a step forward.

Kat

That comes as a bit of a surprise (the lawn mower I mean, since this is the first time you mentioned it).

I'm curious if it's specifically the lawn mower step that you saw it not working (which might be a good example of sneaking in a "move the goal posts" sort of thing), or did you see an issue with the earlier steps discussed too (like turning a fan on the roof, or stuff related to your car engine)? In the car engine case I'm curious as to why that wouldn't have been mentioned earlier in the other thread when it was first brought up.

And i am curious about you assuming i'd be divulging every detail of my life and aspirations. Saying anything only muddies the waters, and this has happened many times! Watch another example....

jimcbrown said...
katsmeow said...

There's some generic pata-to-ram modules floating around.

If you have any good links, I would love to learn more about this. A few searches couldn't find anything useful...

... and presto, you have gone off on web searches to prove i have no knowledge of this, and it will be a primary methodology of how i desire to interface to the computer. Until, someone remembers i said "relay", and in the methods of today, that means "plugging a relay directly into the desktop computer's motherboard". Holy carp!

Ok, take it so far off in left field
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p4432023.m570.l1312&_nkw=pata++ram+module&_sacat=0
that you totally escape the point of the freaking OS sending and recieving communications from a device plugged into it. Me mentioning the usb/sata-pata-ram-dual-port-ram = pseudo-parport interface as the sole method of communications? Well, whatever it takes!, but i didn't need to do that to comm with this keybd or vga lcd screen!

jimcbrown said...
petelomax said...

(At this point I think it's fair to say that Euphoria/Phix almost certainly simply ain't gonna play any part in the solution you seek.)

Are you both saying that desktop computers and windows has "advanced" so far that it's no impossible for communications on sata, usb, old fashioned serial or parports? Then how the heck are my mouse, my keybd, my cameras, my thumb drives, and the dsl modem communicating with the computers?!?

jimcbrown said...

Agreed. It's a shame that Euphoria/Phix must be tied to windoze for this particular user to be useful, since Linux in particular makes it really easy to directly access physical memory like so:

mem = open("/dev/mem", "rw") 

[snip] 

And at this point i am cussing out loud. Very loud.

In the olden daze i'd bit bang the parport. From Apple, zx80, vic20, C64, 8086, 80286, all could do this. NOW, we are too cussed "advanced".

Kat

https://github.com/ellysh/InpOut32
https://www.highrez.co.uk/Downloads/InpOut32/

Maybe that will help. or is at least a starting point.
I have not tested it. I don't even have a computer with a 'real' serial or parallel port to test it on. And no interest in it either. From what I've seen it shouldn't be too difficult to write a wrapper for euphoria or phix.

Andreas

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu