Re: Phix Logo

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ChrisB said...

Is that the hiP programming language ( smile )

jmduro said...

The "i" char should at least not be blue as the "h" char. Why not green to let the "x" char be visible ?

Indeed, "subtler pastel hues that emphasize the "P" a bit more, the "hi" a bit less, and the "x" a bit more" are just not really my forte.
(I do kinda like the "hi", but it should be a smidge more like the arrow in the FedEx logo...)

ChrisB said...

How about incorporating the Greek symbol for Phi somehow ɸx for instance

tbh, not really targetting the right audience, I suspect, and in fact was in my 50s when first finding out that symbol was named phi !

axtens_bruce said...

I'm assuming that "Phix" was chosen as a name for the project as "fix" is jargon for drug-taking in pursuit of euphoria.

It arose as a pseudo-acronym of "Pete's Hybrid Interpreter/Compiler", with a slight nod to PhiX, the first ever man-made artificial lifeform, and implying "easy to fix" over "illicit substances".

I'm not particularly precious about the name phix, but see little point changing it now, or what the logo looks like, but it has to have something.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu