Re: Phix 1.0.2 uploaded

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
RobertS said...

... Those were the days — I'm afraid people don't use their computers that way anymore, they have social media and their cell phones to spend their time on — who, among the general population, still feels that when they own a computer, they should know how to code? But, I don't know who the potential new users of Euphoria or Phix might be today, so, I can't really say anything useful …

Robert

With 8 billion people on the planet, there might be as many as 12 potential users.

Here's the problem: a long time ago, being able to do something (almost anything) with a computer was impressive. If you could get crude graphics or marginally user-friendly "windows" on a DOS computer, people said "wow!"

If you were creative, industrious, and lucky, you might even make some money creating software that did something useful or impressive.

Now, nothing we can do with a computer impresses anybody.

My desktop computer has started acting up recently, probably a drive going bad - it's been running almost 24/7 for about 10 years. So I think perhaps it's time to buy a new drive or whole new computer, only to say "no". When it dies, I'll just send it to the recycling plant, and not buy another. My phone is more than adequate for anything I need to do.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu