Re: A controversial topic

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...

Even if it's too late now to have a reconciliation over that, I feel it's still important to learn from it. Otherwise, it's like the maxim about history.

Sadly, it IS a repeated moment already. The maxim commemorates the many times those who had not learned have beaten down those who had a clue.

I remember being 10 years old, drawing a circuit diagram that could win/draw tic-tac-toe (with some caveats) while listening to HCJB or WLS (etc) on the radio i had rebuilt, no one else around for a mile, except on the highway. Shortly, i found out a "local" military base had an ENIAC. If there was a fact/fiction book in the county on computers, programming, and Ai, i had read it before i was out of high school. To make an already-too-long story short, i was ecstatic to find mIRC and Euphoria. As you know, i gave up years ago, and deleted megabytes of source code and data. The clue i have now is: i am 66 years old, i am unwelcome. I find spelling errors in Wikipedia too, and they don't - umm - care. The world doesn't want/deserve a real Ai. I wasted my life. And think a minute about who would be in charge of it: those repeating all the mistakes.

I would have sent this privately to jimcbrown @ admin , but i have no email account any more.

Kat

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu