Re: Problem with euc on Ubuntu Jammy under WSLg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...

I think the translated makefile respects CCFLAGS, so set CCFLAGS=-fPIE and it should work.

I vaguely remember something like this, I thought we set -fPIE by default. Maybe we only do that when translating to a so (shared library object).

Quite the opposite. The problem is that eu.a was compiled without -fPIE as it was not a default at the time. So you need to specify euc -extra-cflags="-no-pie" -extra-lflags="-no-pie" to have the translated code built without PIE. But even then, you'll likely encounter libm version problems (see below). Until we publish a new version, the only good solution is to rebuild the library from source. Even then I'm not sure we'll want to support PIE, just make the translator test for it and emit the flag to avoid it (I'm already doing this in the Euphoria Makefile. It's best to build the library on as old of a machine you have access to (like Debian 9/10 or Ubuntu 18.04) to ensure wides GLIBC/libm compatibility.

Previous discussions of this problem:

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu