Re: Code Bounty

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
irv said...
ChrisB said...

How do you access the gpio pins with just Euphoria?

Chris

Ha!

Read again - I wrote "just running Euphoria on the Pi" (instead of using an Arduino to feed the Pi to feed another computer running Eu).

I didn't write "running just Euphoria" - an OS is still necessary :)

I don't see the need for 3 "computers", one running Windows, another running Linux, and the Arduino. Unless Kat is running some program on Windows that has no Linux equivalent.

Hi Irv, I think we're talking a bit cross purposes. By just running Eu on the Pi, I assumed you meant a normally functioning Pi, OS already installed, and then installing Eu onto that (easy enough).

AFAIK there is no easy way to access the GPIO pins from Eu itself, without the help of third party libraries (wiringPi)

The easiest way to access the pi, is to set it up with a monitor and keyboard, setup VNC as a host on the Pi, and then VNC as client on the PC. What you can then have is a Pi sat anywhere in the house / universe, and remotely control it at your desktop. Basically one computer running windows, and a headless but nevertheless controllable Pi, that can do your real world access wherever you want.

I agree with Kat, the Pi is smarter than the arduino, and each have there own pros and cons. It is a question of right tool for the job. There are versions of BASIC that run on arduinos - ooh - theres an idea (Andy)

Cheers

Chris

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu