Re: Code Bounty

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
irv said...

I don't see the need for 3 "computers", one running Windows, another running Linux, and the Arduino. Unless Kat is running some program on Windows that has no Linux equivalent.

I wrote a lot in reply, and then deleted it all. Basically, cost vs features vs speed vs data storage vs ease of high level programming vs connectivity. And there's interaction whereever i am vs where the data point physically is. And what i have. What i don't have is control over what OS runs on anything, or what language that OS is written in, or what it supports,, or what is on the hardware i can get.

It's cheaper if i zap an Arduino (etc) with static while hooking up sensors, vs a Pi. Pi has smarts and a filesystem and an ethernet jack, vs Arduino. The i5 boxes give me LAN access in any room, while watching a youtube video, or checking weather, or listening to music, etc etc vs buying a $300 Pi for each room and suffering the Pi's low thruput and low storage capacity.

It's like handling all the ingredients to make a cheeseburger you want for lunch. But you know that.

Kat

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu