Re: Code Bounty

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ghaberek said...

If you are offering money for such a program on this forum I'm afraid your requests will likely never be met.

I'm not sure why you think the Raspberry Pi is "hobbled" because it's basically a CPU with some of its pins sicking out the side, just like C64. I'm pretty sure you can accomplish everything you mentioned with a single Raspberry Pi and a handful of sensors and relays.

That is why i asked what buzzwords i should be using, and i mentioned using them on Fiverr. Thank you for the additional list of urls. I am away to read them.

My understanding is the Pi cannot use those GPIO pins natively (in hardware), nor thru any version of nix it can run. It requires a file that translates the header pins to something that nix can access. And does so very slowly. I have given up on the project that uses a tube of 20Msps A/D converters. We know there's faster busses than the raspi's I/O pins, but no programing language i know of accesses them. This is where OE could make a difference. OE could also hide the fact that the raspi runs only a nix operating system, something i know very little about.

As far as me offering money on this forum for a raspi set up with OE to use those I/O pins, i know some people here have used the raspi in this way, and perhaps we could benefit each other. If not, then any code OE could call in any form to connect, and i gave the example of using a batch file to cmd the OS to do something it's specifically told to not do on my computer (hibernate is not allowed if there's more than 4GB of ram in the machine, etc).

Kat

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu