Re: Switch question - yet again!

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
SDPringle said...

I agree. Because our user base is small, let's leave it in there so we don't infuriate the n users that use it. I wonder whether n is 0.

I was going to put together a feature survey but it looks like Google killed Surveys, so I have to find another service and I've apparently lost whatever surveys I had created in the past.

So give me a bit to review survey options and I'll put something together to see who uses what. (I will not include any personal identity questions this time; I learned my lesson last time.)

SDPringle said...

That sounds great, if you have time for that. You could also need a statement to declare for user defined symbols for ifdef. Suppose one wants to create a symbol like NDEBUG for ifdef statements. Today you would simply use

ifdef NDEBUG then 
  print(1, "here\n") 
end ifdef 

But you mostly wouldn't need to remove the warning if there was another statement available like 'declare NDEBUG' that you could use as this:

-- this, in my imaginary Euphoria 4.2, tells the interpreter that NDEBUG might be used in a ifdef 
export declare NDEBUG 

I was going to combine define your own words and with / without warning like this:

without warning define NDEBUG -- ignore warning when NDEBUG is not defined 

ifdef NDEBUG then 
  print(1, "here\n") 
end ifdef 
SDPringle said...

As you know, internally when a destructor is added to an integer the representation of integer objects use a structure, which contains the reference count and store the integer as a double or long double, and a pointer to the destructor. This gets returned.

I thought it was simply promoting the integer to an atom. Is it using some other structure to carry an integer value with a destructor? Where is this defined?

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu