Re: Preliminary libffi progress

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Icy_Viking said...

Excellent work Greg! It works! I can help to finish the Raylib wrapper if you'd like.

Thanks! Keep in mind that this was just a proof-of-concept. I don't plan to use libffi externally moving forward. I'd like it to replace the existing C interfacing code in the Euphoria backend. And I'm still unsure of the design for define_c_type(). I'm open to suggestions on that.

I also need to do more work to get callbacks working. Right now we've no way of declaring the incoming type for callback parameters and everything is assumed to be a pointer-sized integer. I want to provide a means of specifying and pre-handling the parameter types. This will be especially helpful when dealing with some of the event handlers in IUP.

include iup.e 

function action_cb( atom id, atom posX, atom posY ) 

return IUP_DEFAULT 
end function 
constant ACTION_CB = call_back( routine_id("action_cb"), {C_POINTER,C_FLOAT,C_FLOAT} ) 

function dropfiles_cb( atom id, sequence filename, integer num, integer x, integer y ) 

return IUP_DEFAULT 
end function 
constant DROPFILES_CB = call_back( routine_id("dropfiles_cb"), {C_POINTER,C_STRING,C_INT,C_INT,C_INT} ) 

procedure main() 

IupOpen() 

atom canvas = IupCanvas( NULL ) 
    IupSetCallback( canvas, "ACTION", ACTION_CB ) 
    IupSetCallback( canvas, "DROPFILES", DROPFILES_CB ) 

-- etc. 

IupClose() 

end procedure 

main() 

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu