Re: Object-oriented preprocessor

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jmduro said...

It is buggy as expected but the problem is how to debug it ? When I run the class.ex demo of OOEU, I get this:

Yeah that's part of the problem I've been having with memstruct as well. I've tried running eu.ex with trace() in some cases but most of the time it's just awful trying to make sense of anything. I want to see how the scanner reads source code and what its output looks like, and then see how the parser reads tokens and what its output looks like, etc. So the "best" approach is probably to deconstruct each major component into independently testable parts and examine them at each step, which basically means refactoring the entire codebase without even having it stable to begin with. We also need better debugging tools because trace() just doesn't cut it any more. I want to be able to see the entire symbol table in memory and step through the execution of a program. Ugh. That's just so much to do.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu