Re: A new GUI/Widget Toolkit?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ghaberek said...

Some folks recently forked libui into libui-ng so they can continue updating it since the original developer had stalled out. The current build environment (Meson) presents a bit of a challenge but otherwise I still think its a good contender to adopt for Euphoria. I'm monitoring this closely and I'd still like to bundle it with Euphoria 4.2 release. The main benefit of libui over IUP is that it supports OS X. But it is still lacking a lot of "bigger" controls.

Otherwise, wxWidgets is continues to see updates and I've made a few attempts over the past several years to "reboot" the wxEuphoria project but it's huge. Currently I'm using (abusing, really) the namespace system to provide an "OOP-like" class segmentation. It'd probably be a bit easier to integrate when we actually have classes. The great thing about wxWidgets is that it's pretty much a "kitchen sink" of controls and platform support.

-Greg

wxWidgets: I don't know why this very good GUI has got frozen. It is about time it was brought to the current level. I don't know abc of writing DLLs, otherwise I would do it.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu