Re: Phix, IUP issues

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ChrisB said...

Nope, tried installing all three libraries, still no joy.

libiupcontrols.so still can't find libcd.so all library files are in /usr/lib64, shortcut /lib64 using most up to date version of lib, compiled for Linux54_64: Ubuntu 20.04 (x64) / Kernel 5.4 / gcc 9.3 (GTK 3.24)

Pete, what version of the libs did you install? Can you pack up your load of .so s and dropbox / mediafire them to me?

I don't have a /usr/lib64/ directory. It know it is a 64 bit version of Ubuntu, but which I cannot say. uname -a gives me
Linux pete-VirtualBox 3.5.0-54-generic #81~precise1-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jul 15 04:02:22 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

IupVersion() yields "3.21", so that's 8 versions or more out of date, whereas cdVersion() segfaults on me.

My libcd.so is four and a half years old, so it is hardly surprising that I can't remember how it got there, but I think I can safely guarantee it (and however many friends it might need) would not help you...
Maybe I installed it via the ubuntu software center, but that just crashes on me, so I can't even check that.

ChrisB said...

This is the pain of Linux, dependency hunting!

Oh, I know all about that!

Ah: is there a thingymuhjig you have to run, "sudo ldconfig" or "sudo ldconfig /usr/lib64/" or something like that? Or reboot?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu