Re: Euphoria MVC updates

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jmduro said...

With both "sqlite3:test.sqlite" and "sqlite3://test.sqlite", url:parse returns "filename = 0" on Windows 10.

I will do some more testing and make sure the database library knows how to handle this correctly. In the mean time, maybe SQLite3 isn't ready to be used with Euphoria MVC.

jmduro said...

Usually, when using a DLL with OpenEuphoria and a problem occurs while using the DLL, OEU crashes without traces.

This is correct. If something causes the DLL to crash, it takes the entire application down with it, and control never comes back to Euphoria to inform you of the crash. Not much can be done about this; it's just the way executables and shared libraries interact with each other. This may require debugging with gdb to determine where the crash occurs and why. Can you reproduce it with a small example using only the SQLite3 wrapper and nothing else?

jmduro said...

I noticed using multitasking there is a way to avoid this. Let's take an empty SQLite3 database.

procedure task_update() 
  -- update a table here 
end procedure 

atom t1= task_create(routine_id("task_update", {}) 
task_schedule(t1, 1) 

This... is a bizarre solution to the problem. I would advise trying to track down why and where the issue occurs. There's got to be a reason.

jmduro said...

If you try to update an non existing table with an SQLite3 wrapper, program will not crash as usual this way.

Is this the reason it's crashing? You need to ensure your tables are created; there's no working around that.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu