Re: Euphoria MVC updates

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jmduro said...

It looks like a missing sqlite database caused the crash. When adding the file, the server runs and crashes with traces on the next error.

Yeah nothing your code is creating a database so that needs to exist already. This is what I was talking about in the other thread about migrations. We need a way to "bootstrap" an application and its database.

I should probably include a call to flush() in the inner loop of log_message(). I have a feeling some things are getting logged but they're buffered so you never see them.

I also plan to add one or more crash routines to provide better crash output to the browser, close log files, and disconnect any databases.

I definitely think browser crash messages from the development server would be helpful. Right now the browser just spins waiting for a response while the server has crashed.

jmduro said...

II also needed to replace "include std/map.e" with "include mvc/mapdbg.e as map"

You shouldn't have to do that since, as its name implies, mapdbg is only for debugging maps. You have to have MAPDBG defined in eu.cfg or on the command line (-D MAPDBG) for it to work anyway. Otherwise it just acts as a passthrough to std/map.e.

namespace mapdbg 

ifdef not MAPDBG then 

public include std/map.e 

elsedef 

What mapdbg does, if you're curious, is trace any calls to maps that are created so you can verify they're being cleaned up correctly. I was having issues with the development server early on, where continuous use would create maps without freeing them, resulting in a memory leak. I think I've got that under control now. It also provides a neat print_map() function for seeing the (possibly nested) structure of the maps you've created. There is also print_maps() which will display all of the maps it knows about at that time.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu