Re: Getting Euphoria Up and Running

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
cran0g said...

I've installed the latest version.

What do you mean by "latest version?" We unfortunately have several different places to download from and 4.0 is still the "official" release listed everywhere, but 4.1 has been available since 2015. Which did you use?

cran0g said...

I have manually added EUDIR and EUINC to my Environment variables.

These environment variables aren't necessary if you're using 4.0 and later. All you need is to point PATH to the bin directory and then update the paths in eu.cfg as needed. No harm in keeping them around either.

cran0g said...

The path points to the Euphoria "bin" directory but, when I launch a CLI window, navigate to the Tutorial directory and type

EUI hello.ex

it simply displays the source of "hello.ex" in the Euphoria editor. I can't seem to get any of the programs to run.

This is really weird. What happens if you just type in eui and press Enter? It should just display the version of Euphoria and exit. Try changing to the Euphoria bin directory and run eui.exe from there. What happens then?

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu