Re: Orx Wrapper Hurdles

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Icy_Viking said...

Here's what I have so far. Note that orxASSERT is not wrapped yet,

I've developed a few tricks when making Euphoria MVC's logging library that can contribute which should very similar behavior to how these debug macros work in Orx.

Icy_Viking said...

orxDefaultEventHandler and orxEventPayloadSize are structs, so I haven't got around to wrapping/converting to them to Eu code yet.

I haven't looked, but if there aren't too many structs in Orx then wrapping them the traditional way (a bunch of constants of field offsets) should be fine.

But if Orx makes heavy use of structs then using the new memstruct feature should prove helpful here. I'm getting pretty close on having a full build ready for 4.2. (Although that might still be "months" close not "days" close.)

Icy_Viking said...

I guess I could release what I have wrapped so far and EuOrx can be a Euphoria community project kinda similar to how Win32lib was. Not sure how many would be interested in helping though.

I would be happy to contribute. I already started exploring and semi-wrapping Orx to get a feel for how the library comes together. I can contribute the work I've done so far if you to share access to your repo.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu