Re: Raspberry Pi temperature sensors

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ghaberek said...
katsmeow said...

I use a system specific file type, the .bat (batch) file, to call another system specific program (taskkill) to accomplish something OE cannot do.

And there's the rub. Nothing wrong with using a batch file to do batch file things. But Euphoria can absolutely enumerate and terminate processes using the Windows API. This is the Way.

-Greg

Ok, but Ryan used system_exec() and pipeio:exec() to perform the action vs calling a windows API directly. Those two exec() functions are in OE to do exactly what he used them to do. I don't see your moral objection to that. Heck, i use puts() so i don't need to call API to open a fake dos console box to print() to. Without the OS's API calls available, however you call them, i don't see how OE can do what Ryan needed doing.

Years ago i wrote an Euphoria v3.1 program that used a web interface to translate between human languages. I didn't write the translator. What i did do was loop the process, to translate between languages not available on the website. And Ryan is doing something else you didn't do.

Kat

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu