Re: Raspberry Pi temperature sensors

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ghaberek said...
katsmeow said...
ghaberek said...

I'm not too keen on saying "I did this with Euphoria" only to say "by using system(), etc." it just feels a bit dishonest. Anybody can run another app that does the heavy lifting.

Yea, how dishonest is it to have a bat file like this rather than use the idiot taskmanager gui.....

taskkill /IM firefox.exe /F 

Heck i even named it "Kill FireFox.bat". Just my opinion, but using a bat on unresponsive programs seems to be poetically appropriate.

Wow that's an impressive jump, Kat. You went from "using system() feels dishonest" to "batch files are bad and Kat is dumb for using them" in one beat, huh? Have you ever heard the phrase, "not even wrong?"

-Greg

Please say where i said anything like "batch files are bad and Kat is dumb for using them".

I have heard of the phrase. I have not said anything which cannot be proven wrong or right.

I use a system specific file type, the .bat (batch) file, to call another system specific program (taskkill) to accomplish something OE cannot do. I don't feel dumb or dishonest about it at all, even tho it is a system call. I am trying to find what it is you are saying is dishonest. If i put the bat file, which i wrote, into an OE folder, and called the bat file with an OE program (which i write) using exec(), is it now dishonest?

Kat

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu