Re: Suggestions for improving the forum

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
katsmeow said...

But i do not know linux, and this forum runs on linux, so any code i write is automatically inapplicable. I have bought computers preloaded with *nix, and have no computers running *nix.

Easily fixed, download virtualbox, download a linux iso, install and play. I don't think it'll take too long for someone with you technical abilities to get to grips with it.

katsmeow said...

And a number of people have been adamant in the past that i cannot touch the forum. There is code in this forum written explicitly to ban me from even posting here. I therefor am no part of this forum, or wiki, or manual writing, not even proofreading.

Well, that's a testable hypothesis, easily proven or disproved in an open source world.

However, it was not my intention to goad you into doing something you don't want to do or that wouldn't be appreciated, only to suggest that as you have so many good ideas for the forum, and are technically capable (more than I suspect), that you might want to get stuck in.

It's ok Kat, I won't goad you any more.

Cheers

Chris

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu