Re: [OE] Suggestion for OpenEuphoria 'Next' | Class/Interface/Contract

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
_tom said...
  • I was never a fan of "set_" and "get_" syntax (too much typing.)
  • In general, OOP works because of dot notation.

Boechert has shown that using regex you can get nicer OOP syntax with Euphoria. It worked so well he created Bach that had OOP, regex, and IUP built-in; but, no source-code was ever available. This was possibly the ideal Euphoria. It only worked in Windows ...

I used "set_" and "get_" only because, like i said, i can't create real stuff in OE's source and then make/compile/whatever. Altho dotted string names and functions can be done, they'd still need to be accessed using keywords that already exist.

I used Bach a bit way back when, it crashed a fair amount. I don't know which version(s) i have, the folder one of them is in is dated 2002. Iirc, Boechert said he wasn't happy with it, and may release better under a non-Bach name. I do not know that he did.

Matt Lewis wrote OOEU, i have versions 1.7.1 , 1.8, and 1.9. It runs on(?) Eu PD v2.5. Iirc, Matt said there were integration issues in OE, and OOEU was not going to be developed.

There was also SOOP, by Mario Steele. It ran on Eu with an include file. Afaik, only one release.

Kat

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu