Re: sh: 1: /media/mycomputer/Seagate: not found

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
irv said...

Just to be sure everything is equal before trying the detailed tests of phix on an external drive, I decided to remove all things phix from my computer and install a fresh copy, to make sure all the patches were up to date.

Testing[43]: /home/irv/phix/test/t43tchk.exw 
Testing[44]: /home/irv/phix/test/t44silly.exw 
{1,2,3,4,5} 
Testing[45]: /home/irv/phix/test/t45aod.exw 
started 
finished 
Testing[46]: /home/irv/phix/test/t46ltype.exw 

**NB** (reminder to self) Do *NOT* assume this is an error; 

/home/irv/phix/test/t46ltype.exw:610 
..teger} 
^ fail: ltype is 0b1111(object), not 0b0001(integer) (pilx86, pc=1084, vno=1206) 

Does that NB also apply to me? From here, it looks like something bad happened, but the following works properly.

cd phix 
./p hello 

Speaking of notes: ./p -c p does the "compile myself 4 times" stuff, and ends with "$ Overwriting p" and a blinking cursor which never goes away. After a short nap and a fresh cup of coffee, I grew tired of waiting and hit <enter>. blink

I "resurrected" that test on the 17th December, post-0.8.2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Phix\p.exw:295 --DEV p64 -c t46 is broken (put back in a broken state 17/12/20) 
My copy and https://github.com/petelomax/Phix/blob/master/test/t46ltype.exw has, on what was once line 610,

--DEV fail 17/12/20: 
--      --/**/ #istype{o,integer} 

and at the top

--"DEV fail 17/12/20:" added in abundance! 

Of course I'd like localtypes to work better than they do, but I have to accept that there I wrote some code which is too clever for me to debug.
A "wrong" localtype (eg compiler thinks it is an integer when in fact it is a string) is utterly catastrophic, whereas
a "failed" localtype (eg compiler just says object when it could ideally say integer) just means slightly less efficient code will be emitted.
The NB is directed at me, a reflection/reminder of the fact there is an ok wrong as well as a not ok wrong, iyswim.

That "overwriting p" has always been like that, on linux, bit out of my hands really, I think I'll just not bother outputting it, on linux. [done]

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu