Re: Phix 0.8.2 uploaded

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
irv said...

I don't know how to change where p looks for the builtins.

In ptok.e, routine initFilePathSet(), you'll find:

addPath(rootpath&"builtins"&SLASH) 
--DEV 
    addPath(rootpath&"builtins"&SLASH&"VM"&SLASH)   -- (added 8/4/15) 

rootpath is set in pglobals.e, routine set_rootpath(), from command_line()[1].
Note that as well as builtins, phix loads tests|demos|docs|etc relative to that, I think.
There is also a global constant phixverstr in that file, eg "0.8.2", which I predict will be useful.

I suspect what should really be done is to copy the distro's builtins to eg /usr/local/include/builtins.0.8.2/ and that way you could have >1 version at the same time without clobbering the last, and without suffering wierd failures from loading the wrong version autoinclude files. /usr/local/include/phix.0.8.2/builtins/ might prove better. Obviously there is nothing as yet that attempts to automate any of that.

It would be equally fair to say that some of the stuff I've bunged into C:\Program Files[ (x86)]\Phix on windows should really be put in (say) C:\ProgramData, aka %ALLUSERSPROFILE%,\Phix and/or C:\Users\Pete\AppData\Local aka %LOCALAPPDATA%, \Phix.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu