Re: Budget Builder

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
irv said...

Where did the tables go? It's difficult to do any testing until the database handling is stable, so that's the first thing to fix.

It appears that when I started breaking up my original files into segments that I could post I somehow manage to muck up a lot. To my horror I discovered problems similar to what you have described. The database initialization and handling was not a problem.

For some reason I decided to move init_db() to the top of register.ex and call init_db() immediately after declaration. That seems to have solved that problem.

Also, I have abandoned the show() routine in register.e and expanded the routine display_full_note() to take its place.

The Following files in this thread have been edited/update:
register.ex parts 1-3
db_tools.e
register.e parts 1-5 (there is no longer a part 6)

There has been corruption of the *.edb file.

The problem seems to have been in the routine show(). Now execution of the program produces no warning.log or debug.log.

Note that when you have no data in a table running list() will only display a Header label.

The menu labels should be more descriptive: add - means add a record to the current table list all - means list all the records in the current table.

I hope this works now... smile If not maybe I can post/email a copy to interested parties.

Regards, Ken

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu