Re: Ideas

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ChrisB said...

Eu is a gp language, but is there any need of a gp language anymore?

Nice concise condensation of what i have tried to say here for many years. There are various programming features which have come before Euphoria/Phix, which aren't in the realm of "general purpose", which i'd still like to see in a language i can use. By "use", i mean i can think more of the goal of the program than the mechanics of writing the program into an ide. But so many people wanted to copy other general purpose languages, you got what you were aiming for: the same ole general purpose language as all the others, and nothing really attractive and noteworthy. What i heard here most often was "language X doesn't have it, so we don't need it either". And what if Physics or Biology sciences decided they didn't need any different words and concepts than Humanities used? If you want to step above language X, you must go beyond it. When you copy English, you know what you get? English.

That's all i had to say. Just pointing it out. Not going to try to change anything.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu