Re: Fatal error when attempting to execute bear.ex from the EuGtk package

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Just had a look at my /usr/share/gtk-doc/html directory and it contains the following

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root  12K Sep  7 15:19 gdk3/ 
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root  28K Sep  7 15:19 gtk3/ 
in addition to 80+ other directories that would be other documentation that was installed. To install the GTK/GDK documentation, on Debian, you need to install the libgtk-3-doc package and it will fetch other dependent packages and install other related documentation to the above directory. With regards to bear, it might be an option to create a symbolic link (ie ln -s) between the Debian installed directory and /gtk3 - will look into that at some stage.
With respect to your install problem for Debian, are you using the 'netinst' installer or did you download the entire dvd ? Personally when I've used the 'netinst' installer I've not had any problems and I've installed Debian a number of times over the years. The 'netinst' installer fetches the required packages from the debian mirror that you select (a list is provided based on your country code). One other thing that may be causing you problems is how you have partitioned your hard drive. Did you do the 'simple' install of just one partition for everything - or did you do the separate partitions for /home, /usr etc ? If the latter, maybe you have made one of the partitions to small and Debian is aborting due to insufficient room to write the files. The other bit of advice I can offer is to avoid LVM like the plague.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu