Re: Question about doc style

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ghaberek said...

I kind of prefer the readability of having a routine's declaration right in the docs.

public procedure display(object data_in, object args = 1, integer finalnl = - 918_273_645)

I think it's a lot easier to grok since that's how I'll be writing it. I know it's scope, routine type, and required/optional parameters all in one line.

-Greg

P.S. apparently if you need to include an equal symbol = in a heading, you need to use the escape sequence =

Nothing wrong with this either - but it reminds me of something that we might be smart to take into account: if the html docs are designed with this in mind, it would be possible to create a help() function for WEE, the Bear, and possibly some 3rd party editors without a lot of trouble.

A help() function that would keep up when changes and additions were made, via a simple rescan. Saving someone a ton of work. See, for example, the bear_help_index.e in demos/bear. It was (mostly) automatically generated, but still humanly fixable smile

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu