Re: Getting to a release, an interim update, and why this is so hard

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Indeed. I suspect very few payroll systems are going to be run on a Raspberry Pi.

What we are, hopefully, interested in is getting more new users to adopt Euphoria as (one of) their programming language(s).

New users are going to be interested in (in my opinion):

• A quick, easy install process (see note below)
  • Simple syntax
  • Quick code and run cycle (on Pi, this means include only what you really need)
  • Ample demos
  • Graphics! (hello world only goes so far)
  • Web connectivity

And finally, way down the list (not because they aren't interested, but because it is hard): Android games.

Note: I just spent nearly an hour installing python3 and kivy, which supposedly allows you to create Android apps with python.

After successfully installing kivy - well, about 20% of the demos actually work, and the appearance is somewhat short of spectacular. Don't want to say ugly, but...

With python, you're continually having to pip and search the web for libraries that sometimes don't seem to exist.

One of the strengths of Euphoria is that you get all of the libraries you need to actually do something, and the installation is straight-forward.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu